The Kids

The Kids

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We survived!!!



Well... We survived!!!

We got around 6" of snow...

And Kayli and Hyrum had a blast!
They finally got to enjoy our big back yard and workshop.

They played...

And played...

And played!!!
Too bad there's no hills around here for sledding!


We survived...  but our electricity didn't!!!
It was almost 24 hours without electricity...
But we enjoyed ourselves without the TV!!!
We played Crazy 8's, Go Fish, and Dora Dominos by our oil lamp.
What a fun Family Home Evening we had!


We survived... but some of our food didn't!!!
We made a "refrigerator/freezer" outside in the snow.



What a fun experience...
And not only did we survived... We had fun surviving!!!


I sure love my little family
and
I love getting to spend special times like this with them!


*************************



3 comments:

Paula Hinckley said...

How fun...I mean in a different kind of way! Going without for a while really can be fun and rewarding and help us appreciate all the conveniences we have. I still remember the few weeks we were without a TV when the kids were little in Nashville. It was a good time when we spent more time together. And I'm glad the kids got to play in "real snow" before Spring comes!!

Finkleas said...

That is so fun!!! I love it when the electricity goes out... well for a little while I do. We had the electricity go out in Utah once... over night.... Austin boiled water for me on our gas stove to get me water in the bath. I slept in 3 sweatshirts, 2 sweatpants, 3 pairs of socks and my snow hat. Then we were piled with blankets.... It was kind of fun!!!

The Hinckley's said...

Sounds like fun! But how did you stay warm?