The Kids

The Kids

Thursday, November 20, 2008

What A Slacker !!!



OK... So I've not been very good about keeping things up to date on here! But I refuse to take the blame for that. Actually, I think that most of you are to blame! I have been hearing about 'TWILIGHT' and vampires for over 7 months now, from friends and family, and I have refused to read... "I just don't have the time!!!" Well, my sister Mandy has been hooked for awhile now, (long enough to read all 4 books and is now finished reading 1 again... getting ready for The Movie) telling me how good it is, "You won't be able to put it down." ... How many times does a person have to say 'NO'? "I just don't have the time!" Then we make it to Nathan's parents house Sunday night and Nathan's mom says, "So...  Amy, ... Are you reading Twilight?" I couldn't believe it... I have to be the only person in The Whole Entire World that hadn't taken the time to read this book! After telling myself "NO, I'm not going to read this book... I just don't have the time" a thousand times, I thought... 'Well, ..... I could read some of it on the way back to South Carolina'........... And I'm sure that everyone knows the rest of my story!

 Yes, I starting reading book 1 Sunday night and finished Wednesday afternoon! Wow, What an amazing BOOK!!!  So, I have decided that I don't blame myself for slacking on everything else... It's just not my fault! 


*******************************************




4 comments:

Paula Hinckley said...

That was so funny!!! I told you it was good!!! I guess in the end it was my fault because the book was right there staring you in the face. Besides, you deserve a little escape in your life that doesn't include poopy diapers and spit up!!
Can't wait 'til Thanksgiving!!
Love ya,
Mom Hinckley

Lindsay said...

That's hilarious! I was actually right there with you. I don't read books. Everyone around me has read this book too. But I just really don't read books! Plus, right now if I'm gonna read anything, it's gonna be baby books! But maybe I'll have to bite the bullet one of these days too.

andrea said...

Yay! Amy I'm so glad you and Paula have read these! Now you know why I was so anti-social at the beach! I was completely hooked! I was afraid and had not allowed my self to even crack a page until our trip!

Watch out Lindsay!

Finkleas said...

You crack me up!!!!! I sat on Saturday with Mandy talking about Twilight the entire time during primary practice.... I am started the second one a few days ago. The Twilight bug is going around :)
love ya